Grilled Skirt Steak with Roasted Thai Tomato Sauce
- 3 large tomatoes quartered
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a large roasting pan, add tomatoes, garlic, shallot, olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add tomatoes, garlic, shallot, fish sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes, honey and cilantro and blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- On an indoor grill pan over medium high heat, grill steak 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Slice steak and serve with sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried garlicky spinach. (Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant then remove from skillet and discard. Add spinach; cook and toss for 2 to 3 minutes or until just wilted; garnish with cheese and serve.) VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of skirt steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 317 Calories; 19g Fat (53.5% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!