Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Poblano Cream
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 medium poblano peppers halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 large whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- In a large bowl, add steak, 1 teaspoon cumin, olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steak and Poblano chilies 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Slice steak into 1 inch pieces.
- In blender or food processor, add chilies, sour cream, cilantro and remaining cumin and blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Please steak in tortilla and top with avocado, tomato and Poblano crema.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder). VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of skirt strips. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tortillas are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 495 Calories; 27g Fat (48.6% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 489mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!