Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwiches with Tomato Pesto
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 6 ciabatta rolls grilled
- In a food processor add olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, basil, vinegar and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- On an indoor grill pan over medium high heat, grill onions 5 minutes and steak 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through and onions are golden. Slice steak into thin strips.
- Spread pesto on ciabatta roll, and top with steak and grilled onions.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries. (Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder.) VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of skirt steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar and ciabatta rolls are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 491 Calories; 29g Fat (54.0% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!