Grilled Flank Steak with Warm Tuscan Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat and sauté garlic for 3 minutes, add beans and tomatoes and sauté 5 to 7 minutes until tomatoes are slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste, cheese and basil. Stir to combine.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steak 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Serve steak with warm salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed New Red Potatoes. Steam small new red potatoes and toss them with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with sliced eggplant. NUTRITION: 456 Calories; 21g Fat (41.6% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!