- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large leeks diced (only the white and light green parts)
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 cups swiss chard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion, leeks and zucchini 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are soft. Add spinach, chard and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and sauté 5 minutes until spinach and chard are wilted.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, basil and feta and whisk until combined. Pour over vegetables in the skillet, and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies, and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 245 Calories; 17g Fat (59.6% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 294mg Cholesterol; 309mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!