Ginger Sweet Potato Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 14-oz. can sweet potato puree
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add next 4 ingredients (steak through gingerroot); cook for 10 minutes or until steak has reached desired level of doneness and onion and garlic are tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (coconut milk through lime juice) until smooth; stir into steak mixture and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt, and pepper until you get a mashed potatoes texture.) NUTRITION: 443 Calories; 28g Fat (55.7% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 85mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!