Meatball and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients (ground beef through salt and pepper); form mixture into meatballs.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Stir in shallots, mushrooms and cabbage.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (broth through coconut aminos) along with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over meatball mixture then cook for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 400 Calories; 30g Fat (67.0% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 269mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!