Fruit and Beef Taco Bowls
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 small pear cored and diced
- 1 small apple cored and sliced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To a large skillet add the first 5 ingredients (garlic through beef).
- Cook over medium heat until beef is brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the next 4 ingredients (cinnamon through cilantro).
- In a large bowl layer the spinach, avocado and lemon juice. Add the ground beef mixture on top and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 490 Calories; 36g Fat (63.2% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 110mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!