Fried Rice and Pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil separated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil separated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 large green onions sliced
- 2 pork sausages cooked and diced
- 2 large carrots cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and dice pork sausages and carrots. Cook rice and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat the eggs with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and pour in eggs. When scrambled take out and chop. Set aside.
- Heat the pan to high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic and fry for 3 minutes. Add the rice and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. Fry on high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Clean the pan and heat again. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and the sausages and the of the green onions.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the carrots, peas and oyster sauce. Stir fry for another 2 minutes. Put the rice back in and stir to mix. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until the mixture is piping hot. Add the eggs and stir for 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork sausages. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and oyster sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 318 Calories; 14g Fat (39.4% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 229mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!