Fish with Tomato Brussels Sprouts Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 pounds firm white fish fresh or frozen, chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients (diced tomatoes through honey). Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes have cooked down.
- To the tomato sauce, add remaining ingredients (fish through bell pepper); blend well then cook for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Turnip Fries: Peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-deegree oven, turning once, until tender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. NUTRITION: 308 Calories; 9g Fat (26.9% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!