Curry Sweet Potato and Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large parsnip chopped
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup canned sweet potato puree
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground yellow curry
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the next 5 ingredients (steak through parsnip) and cook for 10 minutes, until steak is to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 6 ingredients (coconut milk through lime juice) until smooth.
- Pour sauce over steak mixture and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, until heated through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 522 Calories; 35g Fat (59.5% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!