Crock Cooker: Cheesy Chicken Soup
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- In a large crock cooker on HIGH setting, add cream cheese. As cheese melts whisk in chicken broth. Stir in garlic, onion, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and cover with lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 234 Calories; 20g Fat (75.1% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 600mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!