Crispy Fish Sticks with Coconut Soup
- 4 medium fillets firm white fish fresh or frozen, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush fish slices with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, coconut flakes, and salt and pepper. Coat fish fillets with flour mixture.
- On a large baking sheet, place the fish and place baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, until outside of fish is crispy and the inside flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the remaining ingredients (chicken broth to coconut aminos) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve with fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) NUTRITION: 756 Calories; 37g Fat (42.5% calories from fat); 57g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 29g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 609mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!