Creamy Pumpkin Tilapia Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound fresh tilapia or firm white fish, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped sage
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the pot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- To the onion mixture, add the fish and cook for 5 minutes.
- To the soup, add the remaining 5 ingredients (broth through sage) and stir.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg -no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 403 Calories; 23g Fat (50.4% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!