Creamy Pork Chops
- 4 thick pork chops
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine thyme, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. Coat both sides of the pork chops with the seasoning and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet until medium-hot. Place pork chops in pan. Cook each side for 4 minutes until golden brown. Turn the heat off and cover. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- While chops are cooking, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a small non-stick skillet and begin sautéing mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add the garlic. When mushrooms begin to wilt, add wine.
- Remove chops to serving platter, cover to keep warm. Add mushrooms and liquid to the pork chop pan and turn heat to medium-high. Stir up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow mushrooms to finish cooking.
- Add heavy cream, and simmer until reduced by half. Pour sauce over chops. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine (or chicken broth) is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 467 Calories; 36g Fat (71.0% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 76mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!