Creamy Fish and Broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 2 pounds white fish
- 6 cups chopped broccoli
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat setting, add coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, honey and bell peppers. Stir ingredients and bring to a boil. Add fish, covering with the sauce.
- Cook fish for 3 minutes and remove. Set aside continuing to cook sauce for 3 minutes longer. Add fish, lime juice and broccoli and bring to a slight boil.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad veggies). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste and fish sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 441 Calories; 19g Fat (39.0% calories from fat); 47g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!