Creamy Chicken and Spinach Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cans low sodium chicken broth 49.5 ounce
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts poached and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter over MEDIUM heat setting. Add onions and garlic stirring for 5 minutes. Add spinach and broth. Cook on LOW heat setting for 5 minutes.
- Remove all ingredients and blend in a food processor. Return to pot and add half and half and shredded chicken. Cook on LOW heat setting for 10 minutes and add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 407 Calories; 22g Fat (47.3% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 591mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!