Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 8-oz. box rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15-oz. can corn drained
- Place chicken into crockpot and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chopped onions on top of chicken.
- Mix together the two cups of chicken broth and cream. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken right before serving. Add in cooked rice, cheese and corn. Mix well, until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken breasts and adjust cook time. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 474 Calories; 26g Fat (49.8% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 150mg Cholesterol; 450mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!