Coconut Mushroom and Beef Stew
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 large shallot diced
- 3 cups beef stew meat cubed
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 large parsnips chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons rosemary minced
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. To the oil, add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through beef). Cook for 5 minutes, until beef is brown.
- To the pot, add the celery, parsnips and mushrooms and stir. Cook for 5 minutes then add the remaining 4 ingredients (coconut milk through rosemary). Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot and simmer for 25 minutes, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg -no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 486 Calories; 19g Fat (34.9% calories from fat); 49g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!