Cilantro Spiced Pork
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Coat pork cubes and refrigerate for 45 minutes (see recipe). COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (chili powder through black pepper); add pork cubes and toss to coat; cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Place pork cubes on a baking sheet that has been lightly coated with olive oil; bake for 2 hours or until crispy.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Mexi-Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork, toss with a little ground cumin, chili powder and chopped cilantro).
GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 148 Calories; 4g Fat (27.3% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 313mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!