Chicken Pasta in Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 medium tomatoes cubed
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/3 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- On high heat put 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute. Add paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Flip the chicken over, and cook on the other side for 1 minute on high heat. Reduce heat to medium, flip chicken over again and cook, covered, for several minutes until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from the pan and keep chicken warm.
- Add chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, 1/3 of the chicken (sliced into small strips) and half the bacon (already cooked and drained of fat) to the pan. Mix everything. Add half and half and bring to boil.
- When the half and half starts boiling, add 1 cup grated parmesan cheese. Reduce to simmer and stir until the cheese melts and makes the sauce creamy for 1 minute. Immediately remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to instructions and drain. Add to the skillet with the sauce. Add remaining half of bacon (cooked and drained of fat). Slice the remaining 2/3 of chicken into thin strips.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken and remaining grated parmesan.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies, salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. Use vegetarian bacon strips or omit the bacon GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 519 Calories; 23g Fat (40.7% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 529mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!