Chicken Parmesan Soup
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup zucchini
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- In a large crock cooker on HIGH heat setting, mix all the ingredients except the cheese. Cover with a lid and cook for 6 hours.
- 1/2 an hour before it is finished cooking, stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised Kale Remove ribs from greens. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Gradually add greens and cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; add 1 cup of water or broth and salt and pepper to taste; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. NUTRITION: 136 Calories; 3g Fat (21.0% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 9mg Cholesterol; 1125mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!