Chicken Mushroom Quiche with Arugula Salad
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes canned
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and mushrooms; cook and stir for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, coat a large baking dish with remaining coconut oil; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (eggs through oregano). Stir in chicken and mushrooms then pour mixture into prepared baking dish; bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are firm.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, shallot and almonds.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through honey); salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salad then toss and serve with a generous portion of quiche.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 35g Fat (65.3% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 458mg Cholesterol; 359mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!