Chicken Burrito Bowl with Spiced Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and pulsed in a food processor until rice consistency is reached
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the oil add the next 5 ingredients (cauliflower through lime juice). Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove rice and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until brown. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (lime zest through kale) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. To the chicken mixture, add the rice and stir. Serve warm topped with avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. NUTRITION: 278 Calories; 13g Fat (41.4% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!