Chicken Burgers Topped with Cauliflower Salsa
- 1 pound ground chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the salt and pepper and garlic powder. Form meat mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the burgers and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients (black olives through shallots) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Spoon salsa on top of burgers and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip Fries or Sweet Potato Fries (Peel turnips or sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and (garlic powder for Turnip Fries and chili powder for Sweet Potato Fries.) NUTRITION: 321 Calories; 17g Fat (46.8% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 156mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!