Chicken and Kale Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients (chicken thighs through salt and pepper) and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baby spinach-beet salad. (Remove stems from baby spinach; roughly slice then place in a large bowl. Slice cooked or raw beets into “matchsticks” and arrange over baby spinach. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. NUTRITION: 449 Calories; 22g Fat (42.0% calories from fat); 50g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 736mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!