Beef and Macaroni Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 28-oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- 11/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a medium frying pan, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Drain the grease and place in a large crockpot.
- Add the broth, cans of chopped and whole tomatoes, Worcestershire, brown sugar and Italian seasoning. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add cooked macaroni and cook to warm. Serve immediately.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed New Red Potatoes. Steam small new red potatoes and toss them with a little butter and chopped parsley.
- GLUTEN FREE: Make sure noodles are gluten free.
- VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with mushrooms.
NUTRITION: 427 Calories; 21g Fat (43.8% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 233mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!