Cauliflower and Lamb Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and steamed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower, salt and pepper to taste and coconut milk until smooth. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the lamb, onion and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the remaining 4 ingredients (bell pepper through broth) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, until lamb is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In a large baking dish, pour the lamb mixture. Pour the cauliflower puree over the lamb mixture and smooth evenly over the lamb mixture.
- Place pie in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cauliflower mixture is brown on top. Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 390 Calories; 28g Fat (63.0% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!