Turkey and Shredded Beet Cakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 cup shredded beets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beets and onion; cook for 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (chives through coconut flour) with beet and onion mixture. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Form ground turkey and slaw mixture into patties.
- Melt remaining coconut oil over medium heat. Place patties in the skillet; cook for 10 minutes per side or until ground turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with ghee, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. NUTRITION: 337 Calories; 22g Fat (58.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!