Broccoli Leek Soup with Parmesan Cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large leeks chopped (the light green and white parts)
- 2 large red potatoes peeled and chopped, 1 pound
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli chopped
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté leeks for 5 minutes, add potatoes, broccoli and sauté 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer 20 minutes until vegetables are fork tender.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the soup. Return to the pot and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add sour cream and cheese and stir to combine. Serve soup with cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Crusty loaf of bread VEGETARIAN: Use low sodium vegetable broth in place of chicken broth NUTRITION: 200 Calories; 9g Fat (38.5% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 14mg Cholesterol; 533mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!