Broccoli Chicken Bake
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Cook chicken. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large pan with half the coconut oil and set aside.
- Steam broccoli until barely cooked and set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt the coconut oil, brown the onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms. Sauté until cooked and remove from heat.
- Transfer broccoli, mushroom, onions, and shredded chicken into the pan and spread.
- In a separate bowl mix broth, coconut milk, eggs, nutmeg with a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk and pour it over the contents of the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes making sure it is done in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed Vegetables - asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, green beans, squash, Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: 444 Calories; 26g Fat (52.6% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 195mg Cholesterol; 343mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!