Best Turkey Meatloaf
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 10-oz. package thawed frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onions and peppers over medium heat in a saucepan with the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, garlic, and spices to the sautéed vegetables in the pan, stirring gently.
- Remove saucepan with vegetables from heat and set aside.
- Put ground turkey in a large bowl. Pour in eggs and almond flour and mix into the ground meat with your hands.
- Then add vegetables in pan and pour into bowl and mix.
- Form mixture into a loaf shape and place in a loaf pan or meatloaf pan. Pour barbecue sauce over to cover top and sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes reaching internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 557 Calories; 34g Fat (55.6% calories from fat); 49g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 338mg Cholesterol; 1054mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!