Best Salmon Cakes
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 6-oz.cans salmon drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Put kale and water in a small pot. Boil for 2 minutes then drain.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the kale with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make 6 patties. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Caprese Salad, (Layer sliced beefsteak tomatoes, sliced Mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves; sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.) NUTRITION: 190 Calories; 10g Fat (48.3% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 545mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!