- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter separated
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak thinly-sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add the steak and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it cook undisturbed for 3 minutes to sear. Flip the steak, and cook on the other side another 3 minutes. Then remove steak from pan and transfer to a separate plate. Set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add the remaining butter. Once it has melted, add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, and stir to combine. Continue sautéing for an additional 7 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the onions are soft.
- Add the white wine, and deglaze the pan by using your cooking spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the mixture cook down for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and flour until smooth. Pour the beef broth mixture into the pan, and stir to combine. Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the yogurt until combined.
- Stir the cooked steak back in. Season with additional salt and pepper and serve hot over the egg noodles.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed baby greens salad (mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado, tomatoes and cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette). VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant thinly sliced instead of flank steak and low sodium vegetable broth instead of beef broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure egg noodles, white wine, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and flour are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 606 Calories; 20g Fat (30.3% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!