- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups pumpkin chunks
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- : In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, add ground beef. Stir and brown.
- Mix in pumpkin, onion, garlic and bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth, scrapping the bottom of the pan to get all the browned bits up. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 5 additional minutes. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Vegetables - asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, green beans, squash, Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: 399 Calories; 30g Fat (68.6% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 89mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!