Beef Curry and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound steak of choice, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped parsnips
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- In large pot over medium, heat oil. To the pot, add the steak and onion and cook for 3 minutes, to brown steak. To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (onion through Parsnips).
- Cook for 10 minutes, until steak reaches desired level of doneness then add the remaining 5 ingredients (coconut milk through raisins). Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle salad dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 424 Calories; 24g Fat (49.7% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!