Beef Cabbage Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds cabbage
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Divide the cabbage into layers and blanch them in boiling water until tender. Drain well and chop them roughly.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add ground beef. Cook for 2 minutes. Add onions, garlic and olive oil. Cook stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and tomato paste and stir well. Season with salt, pepper and dried mint. Add lemon juice and chopped cabbage. Cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a casserole dish with olive oil. Pour the mixture in and bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: add a Tossed Salad, Lettuce (not iceberg), salad veggies (of your choice) and salad dressing. NUTRITION: 391 Calories; 27g Fat (60.5% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 355mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!