Beef and Squash Stew with Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 large red onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine or low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound egg noodles cooked according to package directions
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear beef 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add beef and next 9 ingredients (onions through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until beef is cooked through. Serve with warm egg noodles.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Warm Buttered Corn Muffins. VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with tofu. GLUTEN FREE: Replace noodles with zucchini or have gluten free noodles. NUTRITION: 675 Calories; 23g Fat (33.7% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 73g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!