Baked Pear and Turkey Casserole
- 2 small pears cored and diced
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey cooked
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients (pear through chicken broth).
- Oil a large baking dish with coconut oil. To the baking dish, pour the contents of the bowl and spread in an even layer. Cover dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10 minutes, until top is golden brown and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 351 Calories; 17g Fat (43.8% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 5 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!