Bacon and Pear Salad with Creamy Coconut Dressing
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large chicken breast half cubed*; *Chicken is easier to cube if partially frozen
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 large pear cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 3 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place bacon and chicken in a large skillet over medium heat; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is brown and very crisp and chicken is no longer pink in the center; transfer mixture to a paper towel lined plate; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (kale through onion) along with bacon/chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (coconut milk through salt and pepper); drizzle mixture over salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: 773 Calories; 58g Fat (66.3% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 1419mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 8 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!