Bacon and Avocado Lamb Burgers
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 small avocado peeled and sliced
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (lamb through oregano). Form lamb mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the skillet, add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until burgers reach desired level of doneness. Remove burgers from skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the bacon and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, until very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Layer 1 lettuce leaf, burger, avocado, bacon. Top with another lettuce leaf and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 510 Calories; 44g Fat (77.3% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 276mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!