Asian Zing Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey divided
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 small carrots thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 garlic clove, the grated gingerroot, crushed red pepper flakes, 3/4 tablespoon of the honey, the soy sauce and sesame oil; pour mixture over chicken; turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. 30 minutes before serving. Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, ground ginger, remaining garlic and honey; set aside. In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, carrots, celery and cilantro; top with chicken then drizzle with dressing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 354 Calories; 7g Fat (16.7% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 486mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!