Turkey Taco Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large jalapeno minced
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- 8 lime wedges
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add next 5 ingredients (turkey through shallots); cook for 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Add next 4 ingredients (cumin through tomato paste); blend well then cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Scoop turkey mixture into lettuce leaves; top with cilantro and avocado and serve with a lime wedge.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cucumber and Jicama Slaw: Cut cucumber and jicama into matchsticks. Place in a bowl then drizzle with some honey, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper; toss well. Add a bowl of raw baby carrots on the side. NUTRITION: 322 Calories; 21g Fat (57.1% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 167mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!