- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- In a large skillet, brown meat. Drain off fat and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over meat.
- Add onions and peppers to pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine cooked meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, and water and tomato paste in a large pot.
- Stir spices (cumin through salt) into pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste is gluten free. NUTRITION: 335 Calories; 15g Fat (39.5% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 1348mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!