Turkey Burgers with Zucchini and Squash Stir-Fry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped squash
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey with the salt and pepper and garlic powder. Form meat mixture into patties and place on the grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until turkey is no longer pink in the center.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining 4 ingredients (squash through shallot) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. To the skillet, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Serve burgers on top of squash mixture.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 190 Calories; 10g Fat (45.3% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 109mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!