Turkey Brussels Sprout Goulash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 14-oz. cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil.
- To the pan, add the garlic, onion and turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, breaking up turkey with a spoon.
- To the turkey mixture, add the remaining ingredients, stewed tomatoes to red wine vinegar. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat, until the vegetables are tender and the turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zesty Coleslaw (finely shred cabbage and carrots and thinly slice red onion, celery, radishes and zucchini; place in a large bowl toss with Paleo Mayo (in a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste); drizzle over slaw and toss well to blend.) NUTRITION: 306 Calories; 17g Fat (48.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!