Turkey and Parsnip Bisque Soup
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast
- 1 large parsnip chopped
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Along with a tossed green salad (with salad veggies and low carb dressing.) NUTRITION: 538 Calories; 24g Fat (40.7% calories from fat); 59g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 202mg Cholesterol; 542mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!