Tofu Satay Kabobs
- 2 pounds tofu cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 red peppers seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 15-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lime juiced
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Marinate tofu for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add tofu, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, red peppers and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Thread the tofu and peppers on metal skewers. Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat. Over medium heat grill kabobs, 15 minutes, turning once.
- In a food processor, add coconut milk, almond butter, garlic, cilantro, honey, jalapeno, curry powder, lime juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Serve tofu with sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Jasmine Rice (Prepare according to package directions.) GLUTEN FREE: Replace Soy Sauce with Coconut Aminos. NUTRITION: 251 Calories; 18g Fat; 15g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 415mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!