Sweet Pepper and White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 3 red bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear pancetta 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add pancetta and next 6 ingredients (onion through broth) cook on low for 7 hours until pancetta is cooked through.
- In a large blender or food processor, puree soup in batches. Serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Warm Buttered Corn Muffins. VEGETARIAN: Omit Pancetta and add an additional can of beans. NUTRITION: 362 Calories; 14g Fat (33.9% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 1490mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!