Steak and Radish Salad
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 flank steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over high heat. Add steaks; sear for 5 minutes per each side then transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until there is a thick pink strip in the middle of each steak. Remove from oven and allow steaks to cool.
- In a food processor, place next 6 ingredients (salt through olive oil); blend until smooth.
- Cut each steak diagonally into thin strips; serve on a bed of baby greens and sliced radishes with dressing drizzled over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side. NUTRITION: 468 Calories; 33g Fat (62.3% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!